Cyber Risk Insurance in Santa Rosa, CA
Technology in the workplace has helped us become efficient, but with great power comes great responsibility. Data storage and privacy protection fall under the HIPAA guidelines that state you are responsible for protecting the privacy of your clients. If there were to be a breach in security and your client’s information was lost or held ransom, would you have the monetary means to protect your business?
Cyber Risk Insurance Coverage Details
At Kiddoo Insurance Agency, we have access to a variety of carriers including Great American Insurance, Philadelphia Insurance Company, The Hartford, and Foremose business Insurance. We work with these providers to create a tailored policy that meets your expectation in quality and price. As a business owner, having the proper cyber risk coverage in place is vital to protecting your assets.
Here are 10 reasons you should have a cyber risk insurance policy:
- 1. First and Third-Party protection in a comprehensive coverage form
- 2. First Party coverage includes Loss of Digital Assets, Non-Physical Business Interruption and Extra Expense, Cyber Extortion, Cyber Terrorism, and Security Event Costs
- 3. Third Party coverage includes Network Security and Privacy Liability, Employee Privacy Liability, and Electronic Media Liability
- 4. Covered Cause of Loss includes administrative or operational mistakes
- 5. Breach of Privacy coverage – includes damages resulting from alleged violations of HIPAA, state, federal, and foreign privacy protection rules
- 6. Customer Breach Notice Expense and coverage (via sub-limit)
- 7. Public Relations Expense coverage
- 8. Most favorable wording for punitive or exemplary damages
- 9. Electronic media peril broadly defined to include infringement of domain name, copyright, trade name, slogan, service mark on the internet or intranet site
- 10. Comprehensive Interruption Expenses coverage
Local agents working for you
Our agency believes in this product because we, too, have a duty to protect our clients information. A simple employee mistake or mishap such as forgetting to log out of a public computer or network, or an employee getting their laptop stolen – could be detrimental to your business.